My blogging guru, Vikki at The View Outside, nominated me for the Liebster award last week, and I have been remiss in responding – sorry Vikki.
This award comes with responsibilities! I have to:
post 11 random things about myself;
answer 11 questions from Vikki;
pose 11 new questions to other bloggers (and let them know I’ve done so);
post the Liebster award picture.
The last of those was the easiest!
Let’s tackle the others. Here are 11 random things about me:
1. I haven’t eaten meat for over twenty years.
2. My favourite colour is purple.
3. I have tiny, baby-sized feet. It’s a miracle I can stand up.
4. I can easily lose myself for a whole day in a good book.
5. I loathe celery. And marmite. Present me with a marmite-laden celery stick and I will tell you everything.
6. I love singing.
7. I have a hole in the top of my head. I feel nauseous if anyone touches it.
8. I am allergic to cats and to an as-yet unidentified winter plant.
9. I am a terrible snob.
10. I have lived in 13 houses.
11. I fail to see the point of towns which are not by the sea.
Next, here are the questions from Vikki, and my answers:
1. Are you a punctual person or are you usually late?
Punctual, verging on the early. I hate being late.
2. How many hours a week do you spend watching TV? Now come on, be honest!
Probably about 15. Is that bad?
3. What do you wear in bed?
Depends how cold it is!
4. In a heated argument do you walk away or keep at it until you’ve had the final word?
I am stubborn and always like the last word, however I dislike heated arguments. It’s a frequent dilemma.
5. How many times a day do you look in a mirror? Come on, you can tell us.
Really? No idea! Whenever I am anywhere near one, I suppose.
6. What’s the first thing you do when you wake up?
Turn the alarm off.
7. Do you consider yourself lucky?
In the big things yes, I have a wonderful husband, friends, roof over my head, job, no worries about where the next meal is coming from. In the little things, no, it always rains on my holidays, I don’t win raffles, that kind of thing.
8. Do you fear death?
Not my own, unless it’s going to be horribly painful. But I do fear the death of people close to me and selfishly worry how I will cope.
9. What are your top 3 pet peeves?
Apostrophes in the wrong place
Signs like the one I see leaving the M25 which says “for Gatwick, use both lanes”. HOW? Should I straddle the two? Weave between them? Gah! Say what you mean!
People who rush to the departure gate and STAND IN A QUEUE before the flight is announced. IT WON’T LEAVE WITHOUT YOU!
10. What character in The Wizard of Oz are you most like?
11. How many pairs of shoes do you own?
Actually rather a lot. Maybe 30 pairs, and I don’t think I’m a clothes kind of person. So how did that happen?
OK, on to the next part. I have to think of 11 new questions for bloggers to answer. Here they are:
1. What was the last book you read?
2. What do you like about blogging?
3. What are you wearing on your feet?
4. You win £10/$10 in the lotto and spend it on yourself. What do you buy?
5. Who was the last person to annoy you?
6. What did they do?
7. I have the power to change one thing about you. What would you ask me to change?
8. How often do you look at your stats to see how many people have read your blog today?
9. Are you looking forward to Christmas?
10. Do you make New Year’s resolutions?
11. Paper books or E-books?
I’m going to nominate some of my blog’s followers who I don’t know. I would love to know a bit more about people who take the time and trouble to read what I write. If you are one of them, I hope that’s OK with you. Please feel free to ignore this if it’s not your kind of thing. Here are my nominees:
Evan at Thebettermanprojects
Dianne at Dianne Gray
Laura Ann at The Magpie Poet
Nick at Talkin’ Shit
Richard at Richard Kurniawan
Fabi at My Italian GF Table
Shannon at Shannon A Thompson
Daniel at Words Form Windows
Christine at Texana’s Kitchen
Colgore at Prana and Peaches
Audie at SkirtsandShirts
The last is a bit of a cheat – Audie is my second cousin twice removed (I think) but we’ve only met a couple of times so I don’t really know her!